GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the Job:
GetUpside is a rapidly growing startup in search of a VP of Marketing to leverage their existing expertise and experience in building to scale our marketing efforts across our entire customer base. As a marketplace and platform technology company there are many constituents to engage through marketing from consumers to merchants (local restaurants to Fortune 50 multinational corporations) to partnerships with financial services and technology companies. To meet these needs, you’ll own our full set of marketing capabilities: B2B Enterprise, B2B SMB, B2C, and Brand/PR/Communications.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer and be responsible for driving and managing the marketing activities across the full lifecycle of both merchants and consumers from acquisition through retention. The VP of Marketing will ensure strategic alignment with company goals and embed a performance oriented, data-driven approach throughout marketing.
What will you do?
- Work closely with company leadership and marketing team leads to define company objectives and translate those objectives into marketing strategies and tactics
- Own consumer growth targets in partnership with product and engineering organizations
- Own merchant growth targets in partnership with sales and product organizations
- Leverage a performance-approach to make critical prioritization decisions and allocate resources accordingly
- Forge marketing activities from acquisition through retention for both merchants and consumers
- Drive analysis across all platforms and channels to measure overall performance drivers
- Build, manage, and coach a high-performing marketing team
- Manage marketing budget and expenditures
- Create tremendous value for the company, yourself, and the world
More specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Partner with company leadership, Product, Sales, and Engineering to define quarterly growth goals and targets
- Work closely with Product to run experiments and execute projects that result in reliably hitting our growth goals
- Direct and accelerate a breadth of marketing activities across B2B Enterprise, B2B SMB, B2C Consumer Growth, and Brand/PR/Communications, including digital marketing (e.g., email, social), paid media (e.g., radio, online advertising), earned media, SEO, etc.
- Impress a rigorous, metrics-driven approach across all channels and draw insight from complex marketing data to inform strategy and decision-making
- Create and manage a B2B SMB marketing function to develop an inbound lead gen funnel, including hiring and implementing technology infrastructure
- Work directly with cross-functional leadership to support merchant go-to-market strategy, product launches, roadmaps, and key partnerships
- Partner with Sales and Product Marketing to conduct market and competitive analyses to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Empower teams to maintain focus on the highest value initiatives
- Maintain brand standards and compliance across all marketing and communications channels
What do you need?
- 10-15+ years of marketing experience that includes enterprise B2B, SMB B2B, consumer, digital marketing, PR and communications
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience
- Significant experience with marketing technology and operations in order to quickly begin building and scaling a “marketing machine” that will drive growth and retention
- Marketplace company experience, preferably working across consumers and businesses at a product-driven company
- Demonstrable experience establishing and leading marketing strategy in a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment
- Successful track record of leveraging data and analytics (CAC, CTR, open rate, etc.) to improve results and increase ROI
- Commitment to leading with humility, curiosity, and transparency, with a willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and dig into the work
Please note: Relocation assistance to the DC area is provided for this position.
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our downtown D.C. headquarters.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
GetUpside is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.