GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
Meet GetUpside Engineering
The engineering team at GetUpside is a close-knit group of hardworking, fast-learning individuals that believes in our mission to help communities thrive. We believe in a data-driven approach to decision-making and an encouraging culture that emphasizes learning from our mistakes. We debate and deliberate on the best ideas to improve our tech stack, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that champions the psychological wellness of all of our teammates.
Our technology stack:
- AWS to run our microservices in a message-oriented-architecture
- Java 8 / Dropwizard / 12-factor apps
- Python 3 / Serverless AWS Lambdas
- MySQL & DynamoDB
- S3 & Athena
- Jenkins / Github / Terraform
What will you do?
- Work on a team of up to 5-6 engineers + a product manager on our larger projects and sometimes individually on smaller, bite-sized improvements.
- Deliver new product features in support of our mobile apps for users and web dashboards for merchants and improve our existing products’ ability to scale with a growing user and merchant demand.
- Build Java REST services to act in concert with our AWS-based message-oriented architecture and also build Python “glue” logic, deployed on AWS Lambda using the Serverless framework.
- Identify, design, lead and/or contribute to anything and everything that needs to get done.
What You Bring:
- You have previous experience working on back-end jobs and services in Java
- You have strong analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to bring code from whiteboard scribbles to running in production.
- You are passionate about working in a dynamic and growing startup environment with a tight-knit, supportive engineering team that strives to make work interesting, challenging and fun.
- You have a constant desire for learning and self-improvement.
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our Austin, TX office.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.