GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the role:
As we expand our product offering and tackle a broader swath of customers and verticals, we're growing our Accounting team with smart, hungry, and curious people - that’s where you come in! Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, you'll be an integral part of the team, supporting Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Expense Management functions and other G/L activities. The role works closely with all functional areas to provide operational support and requires significant collaboration and communication skills.
What will you do?
- Prepare journal entries for appropriate adjustments to balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Preparation of accruals for month-end close.
- Maintain reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Tactical involvement in the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions.
- Maintain expense reporting system.
- Collaborate closely with co-workers and management across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 4-8 years of technical accounting experience, with general ledger and month-end close experience is also required.
- Public accounting and corporate accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with NetSuite or a similar software product is a plus!
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with major emphasis on Excel.
- Unlimited and unrestricted ability to work in the United States. We currently do not provide visa sponsorship.
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our Washington, D.C. headquarters. Relocation to the D.C. area is not provided.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.