GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the Job:
GetUpside is looking for an HR Generalist to join our team this spring! Building a remarkable team is our top-level company priority and as we execute our vision, we need an HR Generalist to make it happen. The People Team's mission is to be a strategic partner to the business by closely aligning our talent and business objectives and helping every GetUpside employee thrive professionally and reach their full potential. In this role, you'll be at the front line for employee support, ensuring a seamless employee experience, and coordinating any sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
What You'll Do:
HR Generalist (50%)
- Manages employee data in our Human Resource Information Systems. Audits system for completeness and accuracy.
- Assists in the development of new compliance-related processes and workflows.
- Supports new employee onboarding process, including initiating background checks, new hire paperwork, coordinating orientation activities, and facilitating remote equipment purchase and setup activities.
- Coordinator for employee provisioning activities, including supplementary benefit, gift, and recognition programs.
- Coordinates and supports department-led meetings and events.
- Gathers, calculates, updates key performance indicator (KPI) data on U.S. HR & Recruiting activities.
Talent Acquisition (50%)
- Own interview scheduling logistics (currently phone and video interviews while we're remote).
- Manage candidate status and data in our ATS, Greenhouse.
- Collaborate with the Recruiters to create and continuously improve our recruiting programs and processes.
- Lead initiatives such as candidate experience, employer branding and recruiting events.
- Support and help with ad hoc projects and requests.
Who You Are:
- A team player: You’re adept at working with multiple people at any given time.
- Detail-oriented: You have exceptional organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Wearer of many hats: You're able to balance several tasks at once with little oversight, and can easily pivot as priorities change.
- Startup ready: You're someone who's self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- A strong communicator: You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness!
- Creative and process-driven: You're constantly looking for ways to make things work more efficiently.
- Proactive: You take initiative, follow-through, and work with a sense of urgency.
What You Need:
- 2-4 years of proven experience working in a fast-paced Human Resources or Talent Acquisition role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong proficiency with Mac Operating systems and Google Workplace (aka GSuite), namely GCal, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Prior experience with HRIS and applicant tracking systems (ex: Zenefits, Workday, Ultipro, BambooHR, Workable). We use BambooHR and Greenhouse.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is a plus!
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our downtown D.C. headquarters.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
GetUpside is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.