GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the Job:
In this role, you’ll own consumer growth marketing for the restaurant and grocery vertical of our business, including new user acquisition, cross-selling existing users, and driving retention. This is an exciting opportunity to impact growth in an immediate, measurable way, at a well-funded, rapidly growing startup.
What will you do?
- Build consumer usage of GetUpside’s new offerings and make it users’ go-to app when deciding where to get food
- Develop and implement ideas to attract new customers, encourage existing customers to try new app features, and increase overall usage by consumers
- Work with internal creative and engineering teams to improve results and expand capabilities
- Use data to determine strategy, conduct experimentation, and identify which tactics to adopt and scale
More specifically, you'll:
- Own the consumer lifecycle for this vertical, spanning acquisition (including awareness, install, account creation, and successful first usage of the app), consumer conversion, and retention
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify and prioritize opportunities for growth that ensure the biggest impact
- Build clear and compelling communications via email, push notifications, in-app messaging, etc. that entice consumers to continue transacting with GetUpside, educate them about new product features, and encourage them to think of GetUpside as their first destination for grocery and restaurant discovery
- Generate and test creative, out-of-the-box ideas, including championing new ad formats and digital channels
- Partner with our agencies and the broader Consumer Growth Team to acquire new users via paid social, PPC, broadcast media, affiliate, and our referral program
- Work closely with the Creative Strategist responsible for consumer growth to develop brand-aligned content that gets results
- Champion the needs of our users in all cross-functional interactions
What do you need?
- 8-12 years of growth marketing experience with proven experience in strategy development and execution within a dynamic and fast-paced start-up environment
- Successful track record of experimenting, A/B testing, and using data and analytics to achieve results
- Experience with analytics tools like Looker and Mixpanel (SQL is a plus)
- Broad experience in Marketing, including experience with acquisition and retention, and superb attention to detail
- A positive and resilient outlook with a focus on the wins that truly move the business forward, and a genuine desire and passion for the opportunity to showcase your creativity and help more people fuel their lives
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our downtown D.C. headquarters.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.