GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the role:
GetUpside is growing rapidly and in search of a Director of Product Management to lead our fuel and convenience store vertical to grow the business from a $50MM+ ARR business today to $100M+ ARR in 2021. The vertical consists of 25,000+ merchant locations with $1B+ commerce running through the GetUpside platform. As the product lead for the vertical, you'll be responsible for driving overall success of the vertical through our product.
What will you do?
- Achieve 2021 goals, including completing the fuel network of 30,000+ locations spanning 150+ markets in the US, maintaining low merchant account churn as we scale up platform usage 2-3x, and expanding GetUpside solutions to drive additional profit for fuel merchant through their c-store, car-wash, and other operations.
- Lead a cross-functional team made up of stakeholders (product, engineering, sales, marketing, operations) for fuel and convenience store to set a product vision, define a roadmap, and build and deliver products
- Manage growth of the vertical through balancing merchant supply and consumer demand, to ensure that both sides of the marketplace have a great experience
- Deeply understand the fuel and convenience store verticals' needs by working closely with our merchant sales and account teams as well as merchants directly. Understanding consumers and their fuel and c-store purchasing decision making.
- Lead a team of product managers and partner with engineering to expand our fuel & c-store features. (Partnering with other product managers and engineering teams for platform features needed to support the vertical)
- Partner with sales and marketing to drive adoption of GetUpside and keep retention high
- Ensure that operations teams have the tooling available to support and manage 30,000+ fuel merchant locations
- Internalize and deeply understandGetUpside’s mission and strategies and applying that to the restaurant vertical
- Build a world-class product organization as a member of the product leadership team that guides organizational, process, procedures, and training
More specifically, you'll:
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a multi-disciplinary team comprised of designers and creatives
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members to navigate dependencies, align on priorities, and shape goals
- Implement and maintain a design system that scales across all consumer and merchant touch points via all digital channels including website, emails, slides, iOS app, Android app, web, etc.
- Elevate the creativity and quality of your team’s output
- Partner closely with the Head of Insights and VP of Marketing to develop research-backed ideas for building brand awareness, lead generation content, and sales collateral
- Partner closely with Product Managers to drive product features from idea to implementation using concepting, wireframing, UI and UX design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping
- Build, manage, and coach a high-performing design team by ensuring effective cross-functional collaboration and fostering a supportive team environment
What do you need?
- 5+ years of product management experience, 5+ years people management experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience, MBA preferred
- Experience building B2B products and B2C mobile apps
- Experience in retail and e-commerce, with preference for experience in fuel & c-store verticals
- Excellent problem-solving organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Strong user empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into product vision and a prioritized roadmap
- Experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, sales, marketing, operations, and data scientists deliver extraordinary products
- Exceptional communication skills, both within your team and with leadership and stakeholders
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our Washington, D.C. headquarters. Relocation to the D.C. area is not provided.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.