GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
Meet the Marketing team:
The GetUpside Marketing Team is made up of hardworking writers, data wizards, designers, and storytellers with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. This new Senior Manager role sits within the merchant marketing team and will work closely alongside our communications and content team, the design team, and the product marketing team to build compelling, data-driven campaigns.
About the Job:
The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for the marketing side of restaurant & grocery merchant acquisition. Growing the restaurant and grocery segment of our business is essential to our success in 2021 and beyond! Your focus will be to build and expand our lead generation program that brings thousands of inbound leads a month to achieve our goal of 25,000+ small business merchants on our platform.
What will you do?
- Build campaigns from the ground up to help drive revenue through new merchant acquisition in order to meet or exceed revenue and pipeline targets
- Run specific small business lead generation strategies and programs while recommending content production relevant to campaigns
- Optimize all steps of the acquisition funnel in a methodical fashion to ensure sales goals are met and exceeded
- Assess the current capabilities of our demand gen marketing technology stack and upgrade where needed
More specifically, you'll:
- Work cross-functionally to develop and execute a go-to-market strategy to bring 25,000 SMB merchants onto the GetUpside platform, with the primary focus on merchants affiliated with our partner, and a secondary focus on generating leads for the local sales teams in specific markets
- Work alongside Sales to ensure an efficient lead handoff that sets them up to successfully close the deal
- Build and scale an SMB demand gen “marketing machine” using the right technology and operations to generate leads and optimize conversion at each step of the process
- Work cross-functionally with Communications & Content and Brand teams to co-develop creative assets for each campaign, and Revenue Operations teams to supervise execution and measure results
- Partner with both internal teams and external agencies to use a performance-based, analytical approach and continuously measure and review campaign success, iterating as needed to produce desired results
- Use relevant systems (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.) to develop an infrastructure that enables sound campaign decision-making
What do you need?
- 5+ years demand generation marketing experience, including at least 3 years of experience in small business focused
- Deep understanding of funnel measures and how those translate to reaching initiative and business targets
- Excellent quantitative marketing skills with a successful track record of using data and analytics to improve conversion through the funnel by experimenting, then scaling
- Experience with relevant technologies (e.g., HubSpot, Salesforce, Looker, Mixpanel) and a playbook for building a highly-effective demand generation marketing stack
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our downtown D.C. headquarters.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
GetUpside is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.