GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the job:
As GetUpside's first-ever Content Writer, you will support the communications team and will be responsible for producing all of our ghost-written thought leadership and B2B marketing content, partnering closely with our Demand Generation Marketing Manager. We’re seeking an exceptional writer who loves technology and wants to grow their career at a company whose mission is to help rebuild brick and mortar commerce.
What you'll do:
- Research. Identify the most relevant themes in our verticals of operation—the restaurant, grocery, oil & gas, retail tech/B2B SaaS— and monitor those themes as they change.
- Ideation. Plan content and storylines that are timely, relevant, and that successfully integrate our product offering.
- Team work. Partner with the demand generation and brand teams to understand ongoing acquisition & retention campaigns and create engaging, optimized content that supports them.
- Drafting. Ghostwrite bylines, blog posts, white papers, ads, emails, and other B2B marketing materials that are SEO optimized & elevate GetUpside’s thought leadership position in our industries of operation.
- Revision. Copyedit, proofread, and otherwise revise communications drafted internally by other team members, as needed.
What you need:
- 3-5 years of professional writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with the B2B tech, SaaS, or PaaS spaces
- SEO expertise is a plus
- Self-starter work ethic, entrepreneurial personality
- Customer-first attitude!
The Fine Print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our downtown D.C. headquarters.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
GetUpside is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.