GetUpside is a retail technology company that uses personalized cashback promotions to bring shoppers more value and proven profit to brick and mortar businesses. As millions of shoppers earn 2 to 3 times more cashback with GetUpside than any other product, businesses nationwide earn more profit without changing their business models. Many other brands use the GetUpside Partner Platform to power their own app experiences, leaning on GetUpside’s proven methodology to help shoppers and businesses do better. GetUpside is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has driven hundreds of millions of dollars back into our local communities nationwide.
About the Job:
Under the creative direction of the Graphic Design Lead and Head of Creative, you’ll join GetUpside’s central content and design squad, producing beautiful and impactful content to support our consumer growth and retention goals.
This is a great opportunity for someone with big ideas and big vision to bring best-in-class design to our team -- and to apply leading design skills to everything from digital ads and app store graphics to win new users, to consumer emails, push notifications, and in-app graphics to onboard and retain those users. You’ll also help us refine and champion our design process, guidelines, and output, both internally and externally.
We’re small and growing quickly, so we’re looking for someone who is meticulous both in their design and in their organizational skills, and is willing to learn and take on new challenges!
What will you do?
- Partner with the creative strategist to own all consumer-facing design and produce creative that enables growth. This includes supporting experiments and concepting & developing creative campaigns that align with our business goals to improve acquisition and retention across channels
- Serve as the in-house owner and specialist for consumer-facing design. This includes working with the consumer and brand marketing teams to create digital ads, emails, social media graphics, app store screenshots, push and in-app graphics, and more
- Facilitate the transition of our digital advertising from agency to in-house, and own the design and branding of our digital advertising across platforms
- Continue to build a library of design and brand assets to aid in our team growth
- Help to further establish our new brand identity and guidelines, including creating style guides for the various mediums in which we produce content
- Keep team abreast of marketing and design standard methodologies and competitive trends among leading consumer apps and software companies
- Experiment with creative to learn how design impacts user behavior and use that knowledge to optimize campaigns
What do you need?
- A portfolio that showcases your design skills and B2C marketing expertise - link must be included in either your resume or cover letter to be considered
- 5-8 years graphic design experience
- A specialty in digital design assets (email graphics, social graphics, etc)
- Experience creating digital ads across platforms (social, display, retargeting)
- Experience creating animated gifs/video graphics (either in Photoshop or AfterEffects)
- Experience designing and managing production for print projects
- Experience working with and adhering to brand guidelines
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Sketch and/or Figma
- Illustration expertise
- Exposure to or experience with design operations -- putting organization and processes in place for maximum efficiency
- Comfort and experience in a test and learn environment: developing hypotheses for how creative could be better, coming up with big ideas that test those hypotheses, and building off test results to best connect with our users and merchants
- Experience with experiential event design (booths, conference setups, etc)
- Experience with video production and/or photography
The fine print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our Washington, DC office.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.