GetUpside is a digital platform that connects millions of users with tens of thousands of gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores nationwide. Shoppers know us as the mobile app that offers 2 to 3 times more cash back than anyone else, and brick-and-mortar businesses know us as the platform that’s helping them earn more profit than ever before (and proving it). We know ourselves as community-builders. When people and businesses are better off, communities grow stronger.
About the job:
GetUpside is rapidly growing and positioned to be the next growth engine for brick and mortar merchants! We're looking for experienced and highly-motivated sales executives to join our growing sales team. The ideal candidate will drive new business, grow current client revenues, and help champion long-term, meaningful relationships. This will be the frontline of a new way GetUpside will provide value to our customers.
What will you do?
- Drive sales of the GetUpside platform, services, and solutions to prospect companies through strategic conversations at all levels within these organizations
- Hit monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets (quota-carrying role)
- Become a specialist in how GetUpside's processes, systems, and resources work, and how to use them to drive positive outcomes
- Implement and launch GetUpside with clients and ensure strong and consistent relationships
- Proactively follow up with our merchants to ensure a positive experience using GetUpside, and promote new features and functionality specific to their user experience
- Provide regular reporting on account and adoption intelligence, and update on opportunities and cases regularly
More specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- New customer acquisition, with a focus on creating long-lasting, high-value partnerships
- Source and contact new sales prospects to book appointments for product demonstrations
- Make outbound calls to customers that have expressed interest in learning more about working with GetUpside
- Completing 2-4 demonstrations per day. Currently, these demonstrations will be completed via phone and video conference. When it becomes safe, some travel will be required for in-person demonstrations as well
- Using inbound leads from marketing to schedule demonstrations
- Following up on completed demonstrations to close top opportunities
- Working with customers (new and prospective) to pilot new feature rollouts
- Working closely with Sales Ops to target and convert the most sellable opportunities efficiently and effectively
- Maintaining a clear pipeline in Salesforce in order to provide subjective and objective metrics for continued success
- Partnering with management to take sales and process wins and help roll them out to the growing team to help greater success. Each member of this new team will have the opportunity to lead by example and help determine the best paths for the whole team to win!
What do you need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years in a full sales cycle role: prospecting, pitching & closing in a technology environment
- Sophisticated interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Confident, eloquent, and effective public-speaking skills
- Experience operating within multiple applications simultaneously, such as Salesforce, MS Office, Google Suite, etc.
- A drive and ability to build significant and mutually-beneficial business relationships
- Effective written communication skills, including stellar grammar and spelling, as well as the ability to speak to both formal and casual audiences
- Highly-developed sense of self-motivation, dignity, and resolve
- Passion for your own professional and self-development
- Willingness to travel up to 25% post-COVID
The fine print:
- GetUpside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it's safe to return to the office, this role will sit full-time at our downtown D.C. headquarters.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at GetUpside. GetUpside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
GetUpside is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.